Spirit Aero is a private facility which manufactures various parts for the aviation sector, they have a private HV network which is managed by a third-party FES. Belac were invited to tender for the upgrading of the HV ring, replacement of cable and 11kV package sub-stations, construct concrete plinths for new sub-stations
- Laying three sections of HV cable between sub-stations. The terrain in each section varied slightly some on verge, some on the internal road network. All excavation was completed following safe digging practices and in line with HSG 47.
- Cable install as per manufacturer’s instructions, and compliance with all requirements of the NERS Accreditation.
- All backfilling was completed in line with RAUC specification with final surfaces ranging from class 4 roads, concrete roads, footpath and grass verge.
- Belac jointers assisted the FES SAP with identifying/ switching/ isolating and cutting away cables to allow the removal of the old package sub-stations.
- Some of the existing sub-station plinths were reused and others were broken out to allow upgrading for new package sub-station
- New package sub-stations were landed, terminations and jointing completed by Belac jointers.
- All newly installed ducting/cable and jointing position are accurately recorded and information submitted to Client on project completion.